Melrose Area Job Openings
Melrose Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
Job summary: Provide overall management and coordination of Chamber activities as directed by the Board of Directors. Enthusiastically promote the Melrose Area and the Chamber of Commerce in a positive and proactive manner.
Principle Account Abilities:
- Chamber Hours will be from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours of Operation with a non-paid one-half hour lunch break.
- Represent the Chamber at Chamber events and community meetings as directed by the Board of Directors voicing the approved policy of the Chamber. Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with the City staff and elected officials. Communicate to the Board and Chamber member’s changes and developments in the business community that may impact them.
- Coordinate and participate in the major projects of the Chamber as established at the beginning of each year. Examples include but are not limited to the Riverfest Celebration, Melrose Expo, Holiday Kickoff and/or other promotions deemed by the Chamber. Assist the Board in finding chairperson for the “Melrose Royalty Program,” and other projects.
- Assist the Board and committees with their work including setting up meetings and coordinating publicity. Prepare and coordinate newsletters, meeting notices, advertising, etc. Assist the Board in finding committee chairpersons, attend all Melrose Area Business Marketing meetings and assist as necessary. Aid other committees as directed by the Board.
- Assist Board of Directors in planning the Chamber’s programs. Maintain record of past events and programs that can be used for future planning. Keep the Board informed on membership issues and concerns.
- Assist in membership development and retention by maintaining membership records, sending out annual dues, statements and collecting. Assist the membership committee in welcoming and publicizing new businesses in the community.
- Maintain current information on the Chamber of Commerce web site.
- Maintain and staff the Chamber office to serve as a resource to members, tourists, and community members. Keep official records of all meetings and correspondence as directed by the Board Secretary. Handle the bookkeeping function of the Chamber as directed by the Board Treasurer in accordance with standard accounting procedures. Provide financial statements to the Board of Directors and a draft budget for the next year.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Carry out the policies of the Chamber and see that its’ goals are met.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop Chamber policies and programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate all Board of Director meetings, General Chamber Meetings, and committee Meetings.
- Organize, direct, and assist volunteers in fulfilling their committee duties.
- Conduct official correspondence and maintain accurate records of the Chamber and Board of Directors.
- Know the status of all Chamber projects and events.
- Administer Chamber funds per approved budget; use standard accounting procedures in keeping records, prepare financial statements for the Chamber and propose the annual budget.
- Strive for continual awareness of community problems and opportunities and keep the Board of Directors alert to these.
- Maintain contact with the Chamber membership.
- See the Chambers program of work in implemented.
- Keep community and membership informed on the activities of the Chamber
- Maintain contact with other Chamber of Commerce’s and participate in state-wide training programs. Implement appropriate improvements in the Chamber as learned.
- Advertise in and write articles for the Melrose Beacon and other publications as needed.
- Prepare quarterly Chamber newsletter.
- Attend all Chamber events, Chamber Board of Directors meetings, and General Membership meetings, Committee Planning meetings for Chamber programs and Melrose Area Business Marketing meetings.
- Keep orderly copies of all minutes for all Board of Directors meetings and General Membership Meetings.
- Prepare income and expense statement for each Chamber event.
- Prepare quarterly and annual income and expense statement and Balance Sheet for the Chamber.
- Keep Chambers books using standard accounting principles and keep finances current.
- Offer agenda items to the President for approval for the Board of Directors monthly meeting agenda.
- Prepare all advertising, news releases and promotional material for Chamber Events.
- Answer all Chamber mail, email, phone calls and in-person requests.
- Type all Chamber correspondence.
- Keep all Chamber Records.
- Do all office supply purchasing.
- Prepare Melrose Area Business Marketing mailings.
- Prepare annual budget for the Board of Directors’ approval.
- Update the Melrose Area Chamber of Commerce web page as needed.
- Attend all Melrose business place open houses, grand openings, and groundbreaking ceremonies.
- Keep the Chamber’s literature and information for the public up to date.
- Make reservations for all Chamber meetings and events.
- To assist and set up for all new business or new owner “Welcoming’s,” for the Melrose Area.
- Recommend any awards and certificates.
- Process Rosy Bucks
- Serve as a Chamber representative on critical committees at the direction of the Board of Directors. They are but limited to; MADA, Parks & Recreation, Lake Wobegon Trails, School-to-Work, Community Education.
- Prepare necessary quarterly and annual taxes for President and Board signature and submit to appropriate tax franchising authority on a timely basis.
- Be familiar with laws pertaining to the Chamber of Commerce and non-profit organizations.
- Send the Secretary of State an existence form every year by December 31, and
- Provide signature cards and mission statements at the beginning of each term for current board members to sign and update.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general business and administration functions.
- Computer literate, able to use software such as Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Comfortable with modern technology including computer use, smart devices, and social media.
- Independently identify and resolve problems and/or make recommendations to the Board of Directors about resolution options. Make sound decisions that reflect the best interest of the organization and its members.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to plan, organize and set long-term strategy with work plan to accomplish it.
- Able to work collaboratively and positively with other of diverse backgrounds, opinions, and needs.
- Excellent professional communication skills, including written and oral communication skills, strong listening skills, and the ability to make presentations to groups.
- Ability to adapt organizational policy/practice to unusual situations and make related decisions.
- Ability to work some weekends and/or evening hours as required by the job.
- Present a positive image to members and the greater community through appropriate appearance and grooming, demeanor, and comments.
- Experience in business administration and marketing preferred;
- Experience in non-profit or Chambers a plus;
- Demonstrated community leadership.
Pay: $32,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
Benefits include: PTO, paid holidays and flexible schedule.
To apply: Send Resume & Cover Letter to: Chamber President - Allen Weiling, firstname.lastname@example.org or Chamber Vice President, Isaac Barten email@example.com or mail to: Melrose Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 216, Melrose, MN 56352.
Coborn's is hiring for enthusiastic foodies to join their team in a variety of full-time and part-time positions. Apply today at
Come join the Casey's team! We are looking for pizza delivery drivers, overnight cashiers and donut creators, and part time cashiers-apply now! www.caseys.com Store #2650
Part-time, Cashier/Deli position available at Melrose 1 Stop – Sinclair station. Day, night and weekend hours. 20-30 hours per week. Join a positive, energetic team! The job involves a variety of tasks including cashiering in the convenience store and working in the deli. Applications available online or in-person at Melrose 1 Stop.
Apply online today!
197 Kraft Dr SE